Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How we can help

Do I have to pay for my English or French tests?

All our language tests are free for permanent residents, Canadian citizens, and Convention refugees.

How can I better prepare for my English and French tests?

Please visit our Resource page to help you prepare for your English and French tests.

What do I need to bring on the day of my English test?

Please ensure to bring one of the following documents:

  • Permanent resident card

  • Confirmation of permanent residence/landing paper and photo ID*

  • Notice of Decision and  photo ID*

  • Citizenship card

  • Citizenship certificate and photo ID*

  • Canadian passport 

*Photo ID (i.e., driver’s license, ID card, passport from home country)

When can I get my test results?

You will receive your test results shortly after your test.

When can I re-take a test?

You can re-take a test after 12 months.

I've lost my test results, can I get a copy?

Duplicate test results can be issued. Please call our office at 780-424-3545 to request a duplicate and don't forget to bring your ID (i.e., permanent resident card, Confirmation of permanent residence and photo ID, Canadian citizenship certificate and photo ID, citizenship carc, Canadian passport, etc.) when you pick it up.

I'm coming from outside the City of Edmonton, can I have my test on the same day?

If you are coming from areas outside the City of Edmonton, please first book an appointment with us over the phone at 780-424-3545 or online

Can I use the results of my English or French tests to apply for Canadian citizenship?

No. The following third-party test results are accepted by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as proof of your language ability: CELPIP General, CELPIP General-LS, IELTS - GeneralTest d'Évaluation de Français (TEF),Test d'Évaluation de Français (TEFAQ), TEF pour la naturalisation. For more information about language requirements when applying for Canadian citizenship, please visit IRCC's website.

Contact Us