Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How we can help

Do I have to pay for my English or French tests?

All our language tests are free except for the Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN). For more info about the CELBAN, please visit this website CELBAN Centre

How can I better prepare for my English and French tests?

Please visit our Resource page to help you prepare for your English and French tests. 

What do I need to bring on the day of my English or French test?

Please ensure to bring one of the following documents:

  • Permanent Resident Card

  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence/landing paper and  photo ID*

  • Notice of Decision and  photo ID*

  • Citizenship Card

  • Citizenship Certificate and photo ID*

  • Canadian Passport 

*Photo ID (i.e., driver’s license, ID card, passport from home country)


When can I get my test results?

You will receive your test results shortly after your test. 

For CELBAN test results, please inquire directly with the CELBAN Centre.

When can I re-take a test?

You can re-take a test after 12 months. For re-taking the CELBAN, please contact the CELBAN Centre.

I've lost my test results, can I get a copy?

Duplicate test results can be issued. Please visit our office at 8212 - 118 Avenue to request a duplicate and don't forget to bring your ID (i.e., Permanent Resident Card, Confirmation of Permanent Residence and photo ID, Canadian citizenship certificate and photo ID, Canadian passport, etc.).

I'm coming from outside the City of Edmonton, can I have my test on the same day?

If you are coming from areas outside the City of Edmonton, please first book an appointment with us over the phone at 780-424-3545

Can I use the results of my English or French tests to apply for Canadian citizenship?

No. The following third-party test results are accepted by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as proof of your language ability: CELPIP General, CELPIP General-LS, IELTS - GeneralTest d'Évaluation de Français (TEF),Test d'Évaluation de Français (TEFAQ), TEF pour la naturalisation. For more information about language requirements when applying for Canadian citizenship, please visit IRCC's website.

Contact Us